My mom started this for the girls the year we lived with them for Christmas and we just kept right on with it. I get all our Christmas books, wrap them up and set then under the tree. Then starting in December, each night, the girls take turn picking one and we read it.
I always wonder if I'm more excited about the traditions then they are and if they ever even remember any of them after a long, whole year. But a couple of weeks ago Addison mentioned she was excited to read all the Christmas books and Olivia has been trying to remember all the ones we have since then. We opened our first one and I'm pretty sure she's going to be disappointed every night until they finally pick Fancy Nancy. I kind of wish I remembered which one it was . . .

4 comments:
What a fabulous idea! I'm going to wrap up our books today and start doing that. Thank your mom for me :)
what a fun tradition! i love it! can we steal it?
That is such a GREAT idea! Thanks so much for sharing.
That's a wonderful tradition!
Post a Comment