Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thanksgiving 2010

It seems like my Thanksgiving posts are always kind of lame because I usually do them after the Christmas rush  and I'm just trying to get it all in.

So Thanksgiving 2010 . . .

Lots and lots to be thankful for.  Seriously.  I'm in one of those really great phases of life where I just can't stop noticing all the things I'm so very, very blessed with.  Where everything feels like a true miracle and I just feel so overwhelmed with all that I have to be thankful for. 
It really does create pure happiness everyday.

We got Ryan and Kendall this year for Thanksgiving so we all made it a big weekend and headed over to Banna and Branda's for a couple of sleepless nights.   Sleepless because we stayed up way too late playing games and sleepless because Drew is just a dreadful sleeper outside the comforts of his own bed and regular routine.   

The morning was Football, showers, food prep, etc.
And then the delicious Feast!



Next we played minute to win it and took some great naps.


While this little guy snuck left over cookies which he only ate the centers out of.


And this (sleepy?) little kitty pranced around the house. 



Finishing the night off with a couple of hours of a pretty competitive game of hide and go seek.  We all took turns teaming up with Drew as seeker. 



And then a couple of good games of Dominion and Settlers of Catan until 4:00 a.m. 
(Only Lisa made it out for Black Friday this year.)

Great, great Thanksgiving!

No comments: