Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Simpler Days

Ansen was up in Logan late week for a Beta Alpha Psi (the accounting franternity) meeting and the Aggie basketball game.  Ansen sent me a text of a picture of the basketball court and a message that said being there made him miss our days at college together.  
When I think of Logan it has this special place in my heart.  Talking about Logan makes me smile, makes me giddy, and makes me happy. 

I lived there for 6 years by the time it was all said and done.  I met Ansen the second day I was there.  We dated in Logan, we were in engaged in Logan, we moved into our first apartment in Logan, we learned how to fight (or have a difference of opinion and work through it) in Logan, we did the (hopefully) dumbest things we'll ever do in Logan, we got involved in our first ward in Logan and met some of the greatest people we know in Logan, we learned to budget in Logan, we learned to worked hard in Logan, and we had our first baby in Logan.  (Oh, and we got an education in Logan.)

Being in Logan and talking about Logan always makes me melancholy for the simpler days . . . the days before mortgages, before big time consuming church callings, before serious bills and serious jobs, and before . . .

KIDS!


It was a great life, but it's an even better life now.  I know it's a little crazier, I know we're a little more tired and probably grouchy on occassion, I know the expenses are a lot (LOT) more, and I know it will only get worse.  So much worse I can't even imagine, but . .

I would be lost without them.  These little people mean everything to me! 


And I'm so glad that I have Ansen doing this with me and sharing these sweet kids with me. 

2 comments:

jryanwatkins said...

Where did your kids get that adorable squinty-eyed smile from?

Dumbest thing you ever did in Logan? Cinder blocks?

Your camera work is starting to look pretty good.

Amy C said...

I feel the EXACT.SAME.WAY about Logan! Somedays, I wish I could just go back to those days.