Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birthday Boy!

We grabbed Addison from school and stopped by our neighbor's house to blow up a bouquet of green birthday balloons for Ansen (P.S. I want my own helium tank for Mother's Day!) and headed up to meet Ansen for lunch.  

I love taking Ansen a big bunch of balloons to work - we've done for the last 6 years.  Of course the kids love it, but I love it too.  I love making a "scene" for Ansen and making him cart around a bundle of balloons (he has to bring them home to the kids).  

The little guy slept through the whole thing.  Dead asleep. Just as we were about to leave I snapped a few pictures and Drew went from DEAD asleep to cheeser smile when he heard the camera click (good boy).

Here he is lifting his head from a sound sleep . . .



and right into a smile . . . (which made them all laugh)


You gotta love the green and that "smile with his eyes" that Drew has tried to perfect.  


And that night we had dinner, cake and ice-cream, presents and the birthday game.

Drew couldn't wait for the ice-cream . . .


and his impatience made him too mad to pose for a picture . . . and Banna scrambled to get him a bite . . .
we'd hate to see him not get his way, you know.
(I still don't understand my camera in the least so we have some bad lighting here)


The girls came up with their own presents again this year.  Addison got a gift certificate to JCW's so she can go on a date with Dad.  And Olivia thought up a Yankees vinyl sticker (courtesy of Mom), but she wanted a BIG one!


and as a finale note . . . I am going to make this bold statement (again) . . .

 I have perfected the german chocolate cake!

After years of practice, I have to admit, I make a wicked good german chocolate cake (and frosting) from scratch!


Happy Birthday Ansen!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Happy belated Birthday Ansen! I love that you make such a big deal out of it. Are you willing to share that fabulous cake recipe? I'm hungry now!