of how awesome my husband is.
I already knew Ansen is an amazing guy. I already knew that he has a great way with people . . . that's how he first caught my eye 13 1/2 years ago. I was impressed over and over with his talent to be around people in the first years of our marriage. He has a lot of talents, but this is one in particular I always loved, I always appreciated and it made me most in awe of him.
As life goes on and life gets busy I forget to be enamoured with this. And though I know he's amazing, I definitely don't tell him enough.
So, I like those moments when I just have to sit back and be re-endeared with him all over again.
Three weeks ago I had Ansen drop some stuff off to one of my clients late at night. Even though I've worked for this guy for almost 5 years, Ansen had never actually met him. Ansen went over, got stuck on ice in his driveway, dropped the stuff off and came home. The next day, my client called and left a message about how much he had enjoyed meeting my husband, what a "stud" he was and how calm and collect he was about the frustrating situation.
I was grateful for the reminder . . . my husband is a stud.
And before that - Two months ago while Ansen was looking for a job, I was so grateful that the interview process was pretty much a breeze for Ansen. People and talking do not make Ansen nervous. Of course, there were 100's of people qualified for the jobs Ansen applied for since the market is flooded, but the two job offers he did get, he got because they loved Ansen.
They loved his work, his education and his experience, but they really LOVED Ansen.
and that somehow I had something that he loved about me too 13 1/2 years ago.


1 comment:
Although we have really only hung out a few times as married couples, you and Ansen are one of our favorites. Seriously. We still talk about our first outing to Los Hermanos when you guys were engaged and Nate was just about to leave on his mission. At that time most people were rolling their eyes at me and Nate, especially return missionaries who thought I would weigh Nate down. Regardless of what Ansen thought, he was so nice and cool to us. We liked him from day one and I am not at all surprised that everyone else does too.
Ansen obviously chose you because your awesomeness (yes, it is a word), humor, intellect, and values matched his.
This reminds we that we need to hang out again.
Post a Comment