Monday, February 28, 2011

Guess who . . .

is starting to read?!


Little Olivia. 

We've tried sounding out a couple of words every couple of weeks.  Since she's still developmentally okay, I was just waiting for her brain to finally "click" so we could avoid  frustrating time together (I'm not very patient) when she just wasn't quite there yet.

And it finally happened 2 weeks ago. We tried a few words and she put them right together.  I was actually really surprised because we were still no where close the last time we tried.  I thought maybe it was just an "on" night, but nope, it has definitely clicked!

 
She does this little giggle after almost every new word. She is so completely proud of herself. Tonight she finally got to show off her skills to Dad.


I cannot say it enough . . . they grow too fast!!

No comments: