Tuesday, April 19, 2011

And the "mishaps" . . .

We obviously wanted the day of her baptism to memorable, so we decided to throw in a few surprises to ensure we never forgot it. Like . . .


we set our neighbor's house alarm off while feeding their cat,
Ansen ran around a little hysterical (he wouldn't call it that of course) while we figured out how to undo the call to the police,
we got the breakfast quiche a little "done,"
we forgot a change of underwear (even though we had been reminded 100 times),
we forgot Addison's towel (also reminded about that  . . .  luckily Dad was willing to forgo his), 
my parents decided a dead car battery and getting lost would help (it did),
we surprised my mother in law with the job of chorister to a song she never heard of (sorry),
and we couldn't plan this one, but it was raining/snowing.

But you know, I'm starting to accept that we like to do it dumb and crazy around here.  The trick is to expect dumb and crazy, keep a smile and a calmness about you and then carry on.  (I know that I sound like a complete circus, and we kind of are, but we really do have A LOT going on and it keeps things hopping). 


Addie got to be baptized with her good friend, Alexis.


We didn't get pictures of everyone, but I am so grateful to all the friends and family that supported Addison on this big day!  Grandpa and Grandma Hatch even flew out from Maine!
 I know life is busy (and Saturdays are especially bad), but it really meant a lot!

We love this girl!


(And in case some of you are wondering . . . probably you're not, but I'll just tell you anyway . . . I did blowdry Addison's hair.  I timed it and it takes less than 5 minutes so we really booked it getting dressed and got her hair done . . . cute and very Addie-like.)

And the week before . . . we had Date Night with Addie to talk about the big day!  It was a lot of fun to just be us and as usual, she already knew everything there was to know about baptism (almost).

4 comments:

Kobie said...

Can we come visit you guys? It seems like it's always a party at your house. I love it!

And I love that you dried her hair. I've got two years and I'm already planning Addie's baptism hair.

Jamie said...

I can't believe you've got a child old enough to be baptized! Where does the time go? She looks beautiful! Loving all the "surprises" - that's a great way to look at it.

Leslie said...

GREAT family picture (minus Drew of course)! ;) When Shaun was baptized, I was hugely pregnant with Brycen and was able to let everyone else do all the work! I seriously need to figure out another crutch like that next year! I have Shaun's priesthood ordination and Ryan's baptism within 4 months of each other! :) Congrats to Addie!

chris said...

It's so fun to watch your Addie grow up. She looks like she had a wonderful day despite the mishaps.