Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Love You!

Almost 2 years ago, Olivia and I were getting gas and I tried to tell her, "I love you" through the window, but she kept yelling, "what?!"

So, right there we came up with our secret family sign for "I love you!"
It's easy, so any little hand can do it.

I love it because it's our family secret (until I say it on this blog). 
Yes, we can say it out loud and yes, we do say it out loud lots!

But it's fun to share a secret.


It's fun to be able to say it from the back of the school auditorium.

It's fun to make sure Olivia knows it when she standing in front of the whole church congregation being the reference child.

I love when Addison slams the car door, her head pops in front of the passenger window and she flashes it one last time before she runs into school.


I love when Olivia stands on the door step at her friends' house and turns around one last time with the biggest smile and tells me she loves me . . . she does it everytime.


I love making sure Addison sees it one last time after I finish working in her classroom.

It's just for a second, but for that second, we feel that immediate connection!

No comments: