Thursday, May 26, 2011

Way to go Girl!

This week was Parents' night at the gym for Cheer. 
All the girls got back in uniform with hair and make up to show off everything they did this year.


I can be a little emotional when it comes to my kids (you all get it).  I was so proud of my Addie during their routine that I got a quite teary eyed.  I mentioned it before, but it was so incredibly hard for her to get those back handsprings this year, but she did it!


 Last week when I came to pick her up, her coach had me come in and watch her round off, DOUBLE back handsprings and then into a back flip (with spotting).

Addie's team won 1st place in every competition they were in this year so they got a couple of trophies.  It's tradition at their gym that they send the trophies home with some of the girls that they feel deserved a little recognition and guess what?


Addison got one for her un-ending hard work on those hand springs
and for her positive personality that just kept at it! 


I just love this girl and I hope this is an experience she remembers (positively) for a long time.

And here we are . . . cheer : to do it or not to do it again?!

It's so hard to pick the right direction for your kids . . . to broaden their horizons . . . to teach them how to keep at something, but not make them hate it . . . to get exercise . . . to not over schedule them . . .to  help them develop talents . . . ohhhh, it's just so hard!  And then pray, pray, pray you do it right!

No comments: