So I really think that the 4 year old - 5 year old birthdays might be the best because the kids are so, so excited for their birthdays, they get what all the festivities are and what they mean. Poor Olivia has the last birthday of our family and it's a whole month and a half after Drew's. It was painful for her to wait so long!
When birthday day finally came, Olivia had had plenty of time to know exactly what she wanted. Addison, our little "happy go lucky" child is usually happy with whatever, but little Olivia had the birthday present list set for months, the meal plans, the party . . . everything all thought out.
Olivia chose to wear the "official" birthday dress (here, here, and here)
that was just recently passed down to her.
Banna took us to Monkey Island and lunch to start the day off. Drew was the most thrilled with the unmoving merry go round. He just sat there on the horsie, happy to be happy!
We had Enchiladas (her favorite, Addison's not so favorite) for dinner and then straight into presents per Olivia's scheduling preferences.
She got Baby Alive, a new baby, clothes, Rapunzel barbie, a robe and slippers, and a cute little doggie.
She got Baby Alive, a new baby, clothes, Rapunzel barbie, a robe and slippers, and a cute little doggie.
Then a little surprise for her cake.
The rainbow chip frosting is a family favorite, so that alone made it a winner.
But it was the inside that made it really exciting!
I've seen this idea on lots of blogs and I was kind of excited to see how our version turned out. Ansen made the cake and as directed, he used plenty of food coloring to get the perfect bright colors.
I totally missed the picture of her cute little face when she saw the inside!
I know that all mothers say this, but oh my goodness, she's growing up too fast!
And I am so grateful that I got to be the mother of this spunky, little girl.
That we get to have her as part of our family and in our lives everyday!
And I am so grateful that I got to be the mother of this spunky, little girl.
That we get to have her as part of our family and in our lives everyday!
1 comment:
I LOVE that cake, and I may have to steal that idea for the slew of birthdays we have coming up in the next few months.
And our Rapunzel doll got a "hair cut" from the Elf on the Shelf during the holidays. Or at least that's what our girls think. ;)
Post a Comment