Wednesday, August 10, 2011

An "Olivia"

My poor Olivia is an absolute klutz. 


I can relate. 

I was a complete klutz growing up too and I'll admit I still don't "clear" the doorways and run my shoulder right into the door frame all too often, I shut my own arm in the car door (yes, it's happened on several occasions) or run into my bed frame ALL-THE-TIME.



It's painful to see it happen to her though and it's even more painful to hear the poor thing crying ALL-THE-TIME.  

We've tried to make it humorous so it's easier on all of us.  I told her that aside from her blue eyes, her fair skin and red highlights I KNOW she's MY daughter every time she runs into something.  


We started calling these clumsy acts an "Olivia" or a "Mom."  An example you say . . . at swimming lessons last week, Olivia practiced her "glides" right into the wall of the pool and had a huge, black, goose egg on her forehead . . . she did an "Olivia" at swimming lessons.

I'll also tell you that NO ONE steps on Ansen's toes more than me and Olivia . . . NO ONE. 


But it gets worse, combine me and Olivia's clumsiness together and we're just about lethal. 

Today she was doing something weird as she got of the car and somehow got her head out in front of my door (while the rest of her was still in the car) and I rammed my door right into her head.

I got her ice, tried to apologize and we eventually moved on.  It was only about 3 hours later, that I realized it was actually the inside of her lip that had really taken the blow.


I love her dearly, and I honestly feel really bad for her.  I survived and so will she.
 I hope.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Oh, sad! Poor girl.