I'm mostly sad that we only have 5 more days until school starts, but I'm a little ready because we all need some regular sleep.
When everyone (including myself) shed tears over really insignificant things yesterday on several occasions I realized that we are all in need of some good sleep, we are all in need of regular bedtimes and regular routines and we have all hit our max on crazy, summer, non-stop activities.
I have loved these wide-open schedules that have quickly filled up with all kinds of hoopla. I know though that while it feels like we're headed for relief, we're only headed for a new kind of hoopla that will keep us just as busy.
Olivia got her Kindergarten letter in the mail and she's thrilled. At least I'll have her for one more week since the kindergartners start a week later than the rest of the lot.
(you can still see the remnants of her glide into the pool wall here.)

1 comment:
Oh my! I forgot she still hasn't started school. No wonder you love summer so much. I'll bet she was lonely without her sister.
Post a Comment