Wednesday, September 7, 2011

He gets it now

Poor boy finally figured out what's going on . . .
The girls leave in the morning with their backpacks and don't come home for a LONG time. 

On Friday of the first week, Drew fought both the girls for their backpacks on their way out the door.  Thinking all we needed to solve the problem was another backpack I ran downstairs and dug out Addison's old packback. 


He got it on, headed for the door and yelled "Bye Mom, I wuf oou!" and started to leave. 


He threw is fits, wore his packback all morning and then finally got to go to the school to pick up the kindergartens with me and drop off Addison's homework she forgot (already).   He was in 7th heaven. 

(Kamree and Olivia wear their backpacks a different way . . . Liv is proud of her "trend")

Just one of the kids . . . in his cute flowered backpack. 
Which is exactly why we don't question his interest in hair, Barbies and dress up. 
It really is our fault at this point.


3 comments:

Shelley said...

I wuf ooo! Cute little Drew-y. I feel sad for him, not beign able to go with his sisters.

Shelley said...

I wuf ooo! Cute little Drew-y. I feel sad for him, not getting to go to school with his sisters.

Cami said...

Wow, your kids say they LOVE you when they leave? Nice. Drew is darling. Every year I have pictures of Jane looking longingly as the boys leave. Poor kids.