I went to a funeral last Fall for this great guy and adopted a new idea I heard there . . .
DRINK DATES
Sometimes 15 minutes alone as two functioning, rational, relaxed adults is all it takes. So, now we leave the kids and drive to the gas station we can see from our house, grab a drink and then spend a few extra minutes in the driveway (not the garage because the kids can hear the garage door open and it's all over) talking.
It cost $2, it can even be done on a school night and it is just enough to re-charge.
The trick is driving together though. If Ansen gets the drinks and we agree to enjoy them on the couch together, then the drink date goes way too long and we don't get our work done.
The trick is driving together though. If Ansen gets the drinks and we agree to enjoy them on the couch together, then the drink date goes way too long and we don't get our work done.
4 comments:
We have porch dates after the kids are in bed. ...atleast during warm weather. : )
We really do need them. We'll have to include sodas next time.
I loved that idea as well. We need to try it!
LOVE IT! I am totally doing this! I agree all it takes is just a little drive around the block or gas station with no kids to recharge and get back in the drivers seat again! Thanks for posting this, Heck my kids are older, we can even go a little further!
What a great idea! We need to try that!
Post a Comment