And now . . . where do I even start?!
I woke up, slumped in the car with the paramedics asking me where it hurt and pushing on me everywhere. We were going to have to wait to have me cut out of the car, but then they figured out a way to pull me out of the passenger door. I did open my eyes for a brief second and remember watching them take the first cut up the sleeve of my new Costco coat (that I loved) . . . how could they? . . . . there wasn't another way? . . . and then back out.
I remember them telling me my husband would be there soon and opening my eyes again for a brief second as he stood over me telling me he loved me. A man behind me stopped, called 911 and then found my cell phone and called Ansen (I actually wondered the other day why I even actually put "ICE" next to Ansen's name, but oh my gosh - thankfully I did) to tell him I was in a serious accident, but I was talking. Ansen drove like a mad man (seriously . . . the Taurus will apparently go over 120 miler per hour) and got there. He was relieved when he saw the one, whole side of the van, but then walked around to see the other side and started crying.
I made it to the hospital and was pretty much in and out of consciencness for several hours . . . thankfully. It made all the hard parts go by faster and left me with very little memory of the details. I remember them telling me a man was in the waiting room waiting for me. I assumed it was Ansen, but they told me it was my Dad. I remember the feelings of comfort that washed over me again as I realized that Ansen and my Dad were now there.
I remember that our neighbor, Mike showed up. I remember that Ansen, my Dad and Mike gave me a blessing.
I struggled to put together the details of what happened. In the ambulance they told me I ran into a parked car, which I couldn't make any sense of, but finally in the Cat Scan I remembered there was a ladder and then finally I did remember running into a parked car. I remember that I was able to piece together where each of my kids were and that even though they had told me they were safe, I was able to verify it for myself with my own memory.
I found out I had broken my pelvis in 4 places, broke all the "wings" off the bottom 5 vertebrae of my back, had a collapsed lung, several broken ribs and internal bleeding around my kidney and adrenal gland.
I remembr most that my husand, my Mom and my Dad sat dutifully by my side all day.
I remember knowing that Heavenly Father knew exactly what was going on and he was there too. He, for some reason, spared my life.
7 comments:
Ashleigh-Oh.my.gosh. Wow! I am so sorry you have had to go through this. Just know I have been thinking of and praying for you and your family. I am so glad you were spared and that the kids weren't with you. What a blessing. Love you lots friend! I would love to bring over some dinner or anything else that you might need. Shop for some Christmas gifts or whatever! I will call you soon. :)
Oh my gosh Ashleigh, that is SO scary! I am so thankful that things weren't worse and your babies are safe.. I hope you recover quickly!!!
Ohhh Ashleigh..I am so relieved to hear that you are Okay--I've been thinking about you all week long! Sounds like you are pretty banged up and I'm sure in a lot of pain recovering from everything. I don't know the details of your story, but it really does sound like a miracle that you're alive and that your kids weren't in the car with you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers...hang in there!
I'm crying again just reading the details. I'm so very thankful you are okay...a pretty relative term at this point. And thankful you're still here.
Ash--so sorry to hear about your horrible accident! The pictures are gruesome, I can't even imagine what you are going through! Please know that even though I'm not close by, I'd love to help in any way, and I'm just a phone call away--seriously! I know you've got your awesome family and neighbors, but if you ever get in a bind please let me know! So so glad you are alive, and that your kids weren't with you---what a miracle!
WOW!!! so glad to hear you are ok!!how scary!! heavenly father was watching over you for sure. :)
Ahhhh Ashley that made me cry!!! I can't even imagine!!! I am so grateful you are ok!! i hope this is a speedy recovery, well as speedy as it possibly can be!!
p.s. I too can't believe they would just cut your costco coat right off you!! Seriously??? What were they thinking!!!:) Hugs to you and your fam!!!
Post a Comment