Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's bad . . .

but I'm alive and I have been so very, very blessed.

(the only window that wasn 't shattered)


(All of the side airbags went off.  Matt investigating the details of the damage.)


I survived, but had Olivia been with me (see her car seat broken to bits and her chair broken in half among other things) she would not have survived and I'm not sure about Drew either.




More details to come (when I'm up to it) but I was on the freeway, there was ladder going perpendicular to my lane - in my lane, I swerved, I braked, I fishtailed and hit side on into the flat bed truck that was stopped to retrieve the ladder.  

I escaped with relatively minor injuries (but still not good) when you consider what could have been . . .
The scariest moment was when I realized I couldn't remember anything and with my heart hoping for the best,  not even physically capable of imagining the worst, I asked the paramedic if my children had been with me?

I know that Heavenly Father protected me and our family. 
I'm so very grateful for the many, many prayers that have been offered on our behalf.

It really alters your perspective on life. 

14 comments:

Mindy said...

Ashleigh, I am so glad you're ok and so grateful your kids weren't with you. You're in our prayers for a quick recovery!

Kristine L. said...

Long time reader, first time commenter... :)

This is absolutely terrifying! So glad that you made it out safe and that your kids weren't with you! What a blessing. Lisa told me about your injuries and I hope that you feel better and recover quickly!

Kristine {Gildea} Lewis

Holly said...

We have been so worried...I saw on karalynnes Facebook something about you almost losing your life but didnt have a way of contacting anyone that knew you. Glad you're ok. I'd love to help if there is anything I can do.

Lisa said...

You're such an optimist, making it sound like you just have a few scrapes and brusies. I'm sure I'd be making a bullet point laundry list of my issues if this happened to me. Love you.

Amy C said...

Oh my gosh, Ashleigh!! I'm so glad you are ok, and that your kids weren't with you! Good luck on the recovery!

John said...

You know this, but we're so glad you're still with us and that, although it may be long and difficult, you should be able to eventually recover fully. We're also feeling very blessed that none of the kids were hurt. It really is a miracle! Love you, Dad.

Brooke said...

Ashleigh,
We are praying hard for your recovery and for your family. We know it will be a long road but how grateful we are that you're still here. We want to help. In any way Possible! Love you!
Brooke and Derek and fam

Jeremy's Jade said...

Oh Ashleigh! My mom told me what happened. I'm so glad you're okay, despite your long list of injuries. Jeremy and I are praying for your speedy recovery. And on a completely different note, my mom said she saw Addison out helping rake leaves at your parents' house the other day and that she was adorable. Anyway, just know that we're rooting for you!

Ashby said...

Ashleigh, sending our love your way!!! Ryan showed me the picture that Ansen posted on FB and my heart sank. Wishing you all the best as you recover! Love you guys!

Natalie said...

Ash, the pictures make my heart sink. Keep up the good spirits. We are so grateful that the outcome was what it was and there were no children with you. You are a trooper and we are praying for your speedy recovery. xoxo!

Marianne said...

You've always been so positive and such a go getter so if anyone can get through this its you! You're accident has changed our perspective too. We love you!

Kelly D Sharp said...

Ashleigh-
Wow, we are in total awe! When you see those pictures and you hear what happened, there is no doubt that the hand of the Lord was made manifest. Your life has been spared and even that of your children. We are so grateful! Keep your chin up, Heavenly Father will continue to watch over you, protect you, and bless you! We love you so much!
Love, Kelly and Brandt

Andrea said...

Fess up! What really happened to you? These pictures look awful! I hope you really are okay!

Amanda said...

Thank goodness you are alive, and that you were alone. I, too, wish you a speedy recovery and want to run down there just to give you a gentle hug! We love you and your family.