I snagged this picture of Liv on the way out the door for Picture Day. I am eager to compare this to the "look" that we actually get.
Before my kids were in school, I would see the all the kids flooding out of the school in the afternoon and wonder why parents didn't care anymore for the appearance of their children.
They all looked so scraggly all the time . . .
Well first off, there's just not time in the morning . . . or ever. I know that now.
And second thing, they probably did send them out the door in decent shape, but something strange and unexplainable happens at school. They come home looking like rag muffins. Hair disheveled, food on their face, grungy hands, scuffed up shoes and dirty, unkept clothes.
Some of the stories about recess and this or that explain it, but other times it just remains a mystery.
And let's be honest, Ansen probably wonders this about me when he comes home from work in the evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment