A couple of years go my brother in law, Chris, taught us that if you say "Elephant" right when you feel like you're going to sneeze, the sneeze will go away.
Well, right now I have used that religiously since sneezing and coughing makes every part of my body hurt and I'd just really like to avoid that these days.
I've tried it out before, but now rather than just saying it, the intensity of the situation makes me have to yell it. I did it for the first time a week or two ago and after I yelled "Elephant" I hear Ansen yell "Tiger" from the kitchen. His humor was almost unappreciated.
Kendall came again yesterday and she was walking down the hall when she heard me yell "Elephant." She thought I had developed Tourrettes in the last 2 weeks.
I'm not sick, I just have to sneeze and so the urge to sneeze keeps coming back . . . probably waiting for me to actually let it out. Tonight Kendall called it my kid friendly Tourettes and Ansen, Kendall and I have been laughing all night about it.
1 comment:
HA! Kid friendly tourettes. I hope those elephants can keep the sneezes away for quite a while.
Post a Comment