Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Into the woods . .

And now something more fun . . . before the accident.

We've been meaning to go . . . and saying we were going to Oregon for 2 years and we finally made it happen. Since we prefer the "night life" we always plan to do the "night drive" and leave at 7:00 pm and drive the whole night while the kids all sleep.

I've questioned our methods on many occasions, but usually after the first 1 hour of entertaining, whining and complaining, I'm re-committed to our methods.

Here we are in our jammies, ready for the drive home.


Grandma made sure to take us to one of my favorite Grants Pass places . . . Casa de Flores . . . where we had dinner with Deanna and then went to see her new house.

We went to Harry and David's for a tour.   I think it was my 5th tour, Grandma's probably 100th,  Addison 4th, but it was Ansen, Olivia and Drew's 1st.   Unfortunately Drew slept through half of it.  And even more unfortunate was that I bought a box of Truffles that I thought I "needed"  . . . and we ate them.

 

We went to Brandon and Michelle's and saw their new puppy . . .


where we literally ran around the house (to be fair Brandon taught them how to get Chewla to chase them around the island).


On Friday Grandma was working at the Temple, Ansen went 4-wheeling at the sand dunes with Mont, Broc and Brandon so Deanne and Kassidy took us to Wild Safari.  It's a drive through zoo and it was really cool.   The animals were literally right there . . . like the ostrich was trying to get in mine and Kass' windows.

There was the spitting lama and the snake that Deanne tried to get me to touch and then scared me.  When we left Deanne said the snake was her favorite part and Liv said me and Deanne screaming was her favorite part.


We went to Parker and Debra's where I got the worst picture of the kids that was completely missing little Weston, who is only 6 months older than Drew and Whitney.  The kids were at the end of their rope and Whitney was already out for the night so not the best picture, but a picture none the less.

Olivia spent the evening "charming" Mama's girl, McKenzie, and had some success . . . look Kenzie let Liv actually hold her!  Olivia was in heaven and is still talking about cute Kenzie.


We went to the Boy Scout breakfast fundraiser where Broc cooked us up a good breakfast.


We had a family dinner, we watched the big Oregon State vs. Stanford game, went to church the next day (where I made a pretty good fool of myself in Sacrament Meeting.  Ansen won't want to forget that so I'll leave it with just that since it's enough for Ansen and I to remember).

And we couldn't leave without seeing Abby and Burton (and Brett, Barb, Bracken and Brenden).  We had seen everyone else at Grandma's, but had to swing by to see the dogs.  My family in Oregon takes the house in the dog department.  There's only one in Utah so it was a "treat" to see all the dogs!
We had a great time with my Grandma, our Sharp family and mostly EACH OTHER.  

It was especially fun to see my kids explore all that Grandma's house had offer.  All the same excitement and mystery that it offered me as a child . . . more to come.

No comments: