Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's official . . . I'm walking!


It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally walking! Officially it was a couple of weeks ago, so I'm actually still quite ahead of the predicted recovery schedule.  They said it would be 16 weeks, I said it would be 8 and we landed in the in the middle (maybe a little more towards the professional's side).

I'm at 15 1/2 weeks post accident and things are moving along quickly now.  Dinners have stopped coming (seriously an amazing ward, an amazing family and amazing friends), I started to drive the occasional carpool (that I don't have to get out of the car for), I can pick up Drew and walk sometimes (he missed that bad), stairs are getting more comfortable, I'm showering, getting dressed AND doing my hair (most days),  I went to church last Sunday for the first time, and I can do some light work around of the house. 

The bones are healed and the biggest hold back now is just how entirely exhausted and worn out I get.  I have no muscles . . . like none . . . you can't imagine it until you've experienced it.  I have some noticeable lost of brain function and I'm hoping it's just from being so tired I can't put thoughts together . . . until it's time for bed and then I can't turn my brain off . . . agh!  My mom still comes most days, but somedays she doesn't come at all! 

Progress is progress and all this feels huge!

No comments: