Such a relief.
I was absolutely sure that after 4 months of good, but not I'm-your-Mom-and-I-care-more-about-your-teeth -than-anyone-else-ever-could-good brushing there was a good chance there would be cavities.
And I was even more sure that after 7 or 8 weeks of only once daily brushing I was going to have cavities.
I'm so glad to be past the days of swallowing toothpaste spit.
Ansen would bring me my toothbrush and a glass of water every night. I would brush my teeth, then take a drink, swish and spit it back into the glass. I didn't have the heart to ask him for one more drink of water to finish the rinse after he'd changed my clothes, adjusted my socks, got all my pillows ready, taken care of my contacts, moved my legs on and off the bed, etc. just for the luxury of rinsing one more time. I would just swallow the rest of the toothpaste spit silently and gratefully and look forward to the day when I could get to the sink.
One of the first things on my agenda after I could drive and semi get around was the dentist (I may be a bit OCD on this thing) and I am proud to report that it's a miracle . . .
NO CAVITIES for all!

2 comments:
Great job kids! I tried to be the Grandma who-cares-almost-as-much-as-mom-about-their-teeth. Maybe that helped?
Great job kids!!! I tried to be the Grandma-who-cares-about -your-teeth-almost-as-much-as-your-mom. Maybe that helped!
Post a Comment