Friday, May 18, 2012

Ansen's Old - er (backing up)

Ansen turned a big 36 this year!

Closer to 40 than 30 . . .

(I think in general he pretty much hates "our" camera . . . can you tell?)


He wanted money towards a golf club (boring) . . . so we made it a little more exciting by repeating a little something I did for him in college for his birthday. 
Try to not notice the poor quality of the old film camera and the finger print on the lens that took me a couple of rolls of films to realize that was the problem. 





And trust me, but both times looked better in person than the camera was able to capture.

We put a $1 bill in each balloon and hung them from the ceiling.


I planned for an entire afternoon to get it done, but 1/2 way through realized me up and down a ladder was an extra terrible idea.  I hurt for 2 days afterwards . . . but hurt is sometimes good. 


We went to Outback and the new custard place on his actual birthday to celebrate.

I enlisted help this year with the frosting for Ansen's German chocolate cake.  Don't mind the spaghetti strap dress, the baret and Drew's football jersey . . . you have to ready for whatever the situation might require, right?



We then celebrated at my mom's house with the cake and more presents. 


Happy Birthday Ansen!

1 comment:

Ashby said...

Such a great idea for a birthday present! I'll have to remember that one. And for the record.....Ansen isn't the only Hatch that hates the camera. No wonder he and Ryan get along so well. Now if we could only convince you to move to AZ (wink, wink!).