Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Benchmark

There's a fine, fine, FINE line between progression and over doing it in the recovery process.  The zoo was a big, BIG day 3 weeks ago and then round 2 was just a big day - improvement. 

Granted . . . 
 we did go out to dinner after zoo:round 2 because I didn't have it in me to cook
and I did fall asleep in the car on the way home
and Ansen did leave me sleeping in the garage for 2 hours  - out cold
and I did barely walk for the next 2 days.

 But I actually did two big days in a row since I babysat my niece, Halle, the day before and then decided to still face the zoo:round 2 and teacher appreciation door decorating.   

Zoo:Round 1 - Spring Break



Zoo:Round 2 - Kindergarten Fieldtrip

Here's the Siamese crocodile that has the same birthday as Olivia.  We came two years ago right after it was born and Liv is always thrilled to see her birthday friend. 


These 3 went to 2 years of preschool together and then lucked out and got in the same kindergarten class.


We rode the train for the first time.  My kids didn't know it existed until this day.  Well maybe they new it existed by this point, but had no idea you could just pay and go on it. 

Hey if we're happy just lookin' at hot, stinky animals, why introduce more when unnecessary?



1 comment:

Ashby said...

You are a brave brave woman to go to the zoo, not once, but twice in a row. I hate going to the zoo, so I give you major props for going!