Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer is never a bore . . .

Water Party - The first week of summer our neighbor organized a little water party . . . can't hate that, but can hate my first "summer sunburn."






The Wizard of Oz - My mom got a "wild hair" and took us all to the outdoor Scera theater for the Wizard of Oz.  Drew's still talking about the witches.  The scarey one and the one with the pretty dress left an impression. 

Matt and I were there too . . . just no pictures.


(I caught them both with dinner in their mouth - sorry)



First Project Started - or maybe just bought . . . started might be an overstatement.  We're sewing slouchy bags this summer.  Half way through the fabric shopping I realized that by letting them pick it out I may have just committed to spend a lot of money on ugly fabric (depending on the combination) . . . but I think it turned out okay and now we just need to get started!  Drew's not making one - we just found some "pirate" fabric and bought some for some unnamed future sewing project (for me).


Swimming - This was our first full swimming day and also to be remembered as the day I definitely gave myself skin cancer.  I'm definitely old enough to know better but I am out of control with the sunburning this year.  I'm getting the kids, but doing HORRIBLE with myself. 

Our friend brought these little princess dolls for the pool and Drew was taken care of for the next 4 1/2 hours.  Yes, 4 1/2 hours . . . that's how long I kept my back out there getting skin cancer.



Chaulk - Chaulk seems to be a summer activity and thanks to Pinterest we found the tramp to a fun spot for chaulk.  You just erase it off with water and then the chualk turns more into a paint the second time. 

Addison's other friend came over a little after this picture and they decided to cover themselves in chaulk/paint.  It was awesome when Kate's mom came to get her so she could get ready for her dance recital with a stained pink face.

Ansen was home . . . he loved being there to witness the parenting skills I displayed that afternoon. 


Neptune Park - We went to the new Saratoga Springs Park.  It's a pretty awesome new park!  There's a 2-story climbing thing they loved.  And happy to report no sunburns that day - I'm retraining myself.






No comments: