Friday, July 13, 2012

Recognizing Joy

The first time I drove after my accident was pretty exciting.  And the first time I drove with all my kids, windows down, music on and everyone belting out our favorite song it was thrilling.  I realized how much I missed that and how much it was joy to me.

My moment of joy


Ansen went of town the next week and I remembered the week before when I felt joy.  I actually forced everyone into the car to go to the post office . . . just so I could feel that moment of joy again. 

It was much better compared to the other feelings I was feeling at home with everyone - alone and still recovering (which actually doesn't even matter, because believe me those "other feelings" came plenty of times pre-accident). 

I realized that sometimes we only get moments of joy. 
It's important to recognize those moments, take mental note of what creates joy for you personally and when necessary, force joy to happen.

We finally got a new car a while back.  A big car.  A car that is ladder proof (we hope). 


And we've added to the singing now.  Everyone does the Wii Just Dance moves -which only adds to me joy. 

No comments: