Addie tried some other things, but in the end is back to cheer leading. She worked all summer on her back handsprings and they are looking so good! She's working on her tucks now and I can't even fathom how you just decide to throw your body into a tuck and hope you land, but she's doing it. The tramp has really helped out.
She was in the Draper days parade a few weeks ago. Ansen was out of town again, I had already walked a long way from the parking, it was getting sunny and I picked a nice shady spot at the beginning of the parade.
The parade got going, Addie's group came through and I never even saw Addie. I had to run along the side of the parade until I caught up and found her. I couldn't go all that way and have her not see her supportive, loving mother!
A couple of minutes later, Lisa, who was meeting us at the parade, called. She was late and was chasing after a group of cheerleaders, but half way through decided she better make sure she was chasing after the right cheerleaders.
I know a parade moves pretty slow, but when you're weaving through people, chairs, blankets and strollers, it is no easy task to catch up with the parade.
We stopped by Lisa's house afterwards . . . I hadn't been there since BEFORE my accident. The kids had spent the night and in memory of that night Lisa still hadn't washed off a small spot on the wall behind the door of blue vomit from Drew (I know, what a sentiment). Yes, Drew vomited at Lisa's house and it was blue. I didn't believe how blue until I saw the evidence. He had eaten blue chips for dinner. Look at what memories my accident created for all of us! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment