- Drew is finally in the 50% for height and the 40% for weight.
- Addison has read 6 books in the last 3 weeks. As long as I keep them coming, she keeps reading.
- Olivia blow dries her own hair now. She stands on the edge of the bathtub in my bathroom and sings at the top of her lungs - I'm walkin' on sunshine . . . ooooh-oh. She's way off tune - just like her Mom.
- Drew blessed Jeff on his mission twice in one prayer, got embarrassed and wouldn't finish. Now after every prayer he says - "I only say Jeff once."
- Addison is my co-pilot. The little kids will often watch movies in the back and Addison sits in the front with me - talking or singing. She's usually in charge of music selection and my official text responder.
- Olivia finally learned to do a cartwheel. She's done 10 per day most of the summer. With all the complaining, 10 must sound like 100 to her, but she does it and she's getting better.
- Addison babysits now. It's awesome. We pay her a little. I can't believe we are starting into this phase of life.
- We had to leave Olivia at home finishing her 1 hour of work she had earned earlier that day while we went to the pool. She cried and cried. I wish I done that at the beginning of the summer instead of the end.
- Drew calls you his "best friend" when he needs something from you. It started out genuine, but it's morphed into manipulative.
- Addie is saving to buy her own iTouch. She has enough now, but wants to save $100 over what she'll need so she still has money. Can you tell her parents' are accountants?
- Olivia is trying her very, very best to love Harry Potter. She can only handle about 3-5 pages at a time. I think she really does like it, she just doesn't have the attention span Addie had.
- Drew is usually laying in bed with me when Ansen leaves to work. He always makes sure Ansen gives me a kiss before he leaves . . . "Dad, kiss Mom."
- We do a "house sweep" every morning and every night. We all start in a room together and pick up and then move onto the next room together. Everyone works, no one cares who got out what and it gets done. It's the only thing that really came close to working this summer.
- Addison almost always makes breakfast. She's a champ at eggs and muffins.
- Drew is sooo into gum lately. I bought him his own pack one day and though he did share it with everyone, it was gone in hours. I "blame" the Grandmas - Banna always has gum to give and Carol bought Liv a gumball machine. I give everyone a piece when they report to me ready for church on Sunday mornings. It's such a motivator for Drew.
No comments:
Post a Comment