I got to coach the Orange Fireballs this year in soccer. I really only did it because no one volunteered and they were going to dissolve the team. I felt like we've "put in our time" since we're coached 4 times (out of 7 seasons) between Liv and Ad, but I couldn't let them dissolve the team so I reluctantly did it.
I decided though if I was going to do it, I was really going to do it (even if I still know nothing about soccer).
And those sweet little girls worked their little child magic and I love them.
We're missing 2 in this picture and I actually love the one on the far right more than anything in this world.
They are each individuals with entirely different little personalities. And because they're children, it's so easy to love their unique personalities, to appreciate their differences and to praise their individual talents.
What a wonderful reminder that we are all just older children with our own personalities, talents and capabilities.
Drew has been a good sport this season, wearing his "official soccer shoes" to all the games we had enough time to squish them onto his fat feet.
Drew and his cute little soccer/preschool friend - Emmy. Aren't they the cutest?
And I got to sit back and appreciate Addison's awesome coaches that actually know something about soccer and clearly love these girls too.
It's our same team from last year - but this year they're the Tsunamis.
(Addie is the one impressing us with the cheerleading stretching abilities)
She really loves soccer!
And as much as I love it . . .
I'm so glad we only have 2 practices and only 1 game left for now.






No comments:
Post a Comment