Sunday, November 25, 2012

Swirly Quilt #1 (and #2)

I decided that what my brother in law, Chris, and his new wife, Andrea, really needed/wanted was a quilt for their wedding.  I'm not sure what they thought they needed, but I went with a quilt (sorry guys . . . I had good intentions and maybe I learned something).

I loved this fabric so much, I just bought enough to make two quilts.  Since I didn't want to overdo it like I had with The Monster, I just made two bigger than queen size quilts . . . just takin' it "easy" . . . nothing too overwhelming for a new quilter. 

Theirs got done in time for Christmas. 

I was still new to the quilting world so I just used the same pattern as The Monster quilt . . . I was boring. 


 and mine is pretty close to done . . . two years (or more) later. 

Someone told me right before I gave it to them, that you never give a quilt to someone that doesn't quilt because they'll never know how to appreciate it . . . maybe she was right, but I still did it.  Andrea quilts now, so that worked out.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It is a beautiful quilt and very much loved and appreciated!