Say it isn't so . . . she's 7 years old!
And she's a little bit of spunk we couldn't live without.
Her actual birthday was on a Sunday, the end of our Family Reunion and Ansen had to leave for 9 days that morning. So we had a family party sans Ansen (and boy was she upset about it . . . many tears were shed).
We talked through the vision of her cake a few days before and I think our "visions" were a little different . . . We were on the same page with the shape and frosting colors and then we went two different directions for the rest.
BUT we did it her way and she loved it. Those are some cute little Lego
girls and pets adorning the top and the frosting was all her.
We did the party the next weekend when we had Banna AND Katie here to help.
We made some Duck Tape cheer bows, played the first few games inside (since we had another rained out birthday party). Banna made some gourmet cupcakes . . . key lime, peanut butter brownie, white chocolate raspberry and coconut cream.
I know, seriously what would I do without my Mom!
The rain finally stopped and the grass dried up enough that we went out and played a few rounds of marshmellow capture the flag. We (I) could have played another 45 minutes. It was pretty cute watching all those little girls and their "tactics" or lack thereof.
And last but not least, a little S'mores action. Originally I was sure I could build a fire in our fire pit without Ansen, and honestly I'm not sure Ansen would have been that much more helpful . . . camping is not our strong suit. But I chickened out and luckily our neighbor let us borrow their fire pit that you just push the "on" button. Much better for the outdoor challenged.
I thought it all worked out well, though half way through the bow making I was sweating to death and we didn't even get to all of our planned activities. Fun, fun little girls!








1 comment:
Another fun time to remember! Yeah, I was right there with you on the "sweaty " part!!! That was ALOT of little girls, but it was fun and they were so cute to watch!
Post a Comment