Friday, April 1, 2016

40 and Still Young (and bald-ish)

Ansen hit a big one this year . . . 40 years old.  

We didn't stray too far from the usual . . .
family party - with Ryan (34) this year


balloons to the office - where we decided NOT to run out of gas on the way home this year.
Dinner at Asian Star this year.


homemade German chocolate cake . . . that I have now mastered. #17years

but we also really, really tried to announce his 40th. 

We pre-ordered a bunch of black balloons to stake into the yard with Over the hill signs. 
But we don't quite have a "yard" and it was super windy.

I hurried and snapped a picture while these meager 10 balloons were still alive.


I had Ansen text me when he was leaving work, we waited 8 minutes and then staked them all in.
The yard dirt really ruined "the look" we were going for. 

There was 1 balloon left that Drew salvaged and brought inside.  Just in time for Ansen to get home.  #failhard (we honestly had that planned for 2 years)



No comments: