I'm a little bothered by my new neighbor . . . Our yard backs up to the backyard of our neighbor's and currently there is no fence for 70 feet between our two yards. At first we were in a hurry to get a fence for the kids, but then we started enjoying their beautiful landscaping.
Anyway, when we first moved in there was a row of dead, dirt clodded weeds going down the property line between us and them in OUR grass. We thought it odd, but decided it's obviously a one-time incident where they "forgot" to pick up their weeds because who really does that. Well, not the case. It has continued for the whole summer and I just can't stand it. I have moments where I think, what really is the big deal or it's just not worth it. But it takes about a day to get to that point after each incident. Am I crazy? Is this normal behavior? I'm hoping with a little venting I'll feel a little better . . . until next week when it happens again. We're thinking about taking cookies over for a formal, friendly introduction and mention that we wanted to get to know them better since apparently we share weeds and everything. . . As of today, the fence has jumped to first priority for home improvements again. As a side note, she spent our Friday night doing family yard work reminicing about the days we used to go out with friends for dinner and play games. Home ownership is a dream. . .
On a better note . . . Ansen put Olivia to bed tonight and while he was trying to rock her she kept fighting and kicking and grunting. Then he realized she was reaching for the closet, so he reached to get her some socks and she settled right down and held her feet out. So, so funny. We didn't think she was old enough to have such a strong quirk.
4 comments:
Oh Ashleigh, don't even get me started on neighbors!! We already discussed two sets of my neighbors flooding our basement. Yeah. I so feel your pain. Why would they put the weeds on your yard? I guess I just need to see the layout to picture it. I have no words of advice for you, I probably wouldn't have the nerve to say anything. Have you met them before? hmmm sticky situation.
Hey Ash,
I will try to get this camera situation under control and post some. I am with Heather, we will have to come over and see it to get a better picture of what is going on, sounds absolutely crazy though! Drama!
I know that you have just moved into a new home, but don't even know where it is. You should upload some pictures! As for neighbors, our back ones are great, while our side neighbors...well, not so much. Lots of fun.
Complexion
Post a Comment