Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Major Work

My parents are doing a major remodel/additon to their house and I thought I'd post some pictures since it has been taking up a lot of our time lately. They're moving the kitchen to the where the family room is and then turning the kitchen and dining room into a big family room where they're adding 12 feet out the back and then an extra room in the basement. My dad recently injured his back and a lot of the work has been left up to us young and strong people (i.e. Jeff, Ansen and my mom while I become a single mom many nights and all Saturdays). We ripped out their HUGE deck in the back, moved all the furniture, and ripped out the kitchen. We don't mind the work, we're just so thrilled my mom finally took down her ugly curtains. Anyway, now the work is in the hands of the contractor.



5 comments:

Natalie Que said...

Using the the picture as evidence, my gut it telling me I should never trust you with a hammer around my house.

That sounds like a ton of work! Why don't they just move?

Trav and Linds said...

I remember hanging out at your house in junior high...good times. P.S- I seriously forget how old I am every year. I think I am in denial that I don't want to get older!

Natalie Que said...

Okay, if I tell you you will have to be my slave for 2 weeks since it has seriously taken DAYS from my life that I can not get back! I first started by typing in "free blogger templates" on google, there are some fun ones but it was really hit and miss. I did get one from one site to work, but lost that one. Then I got one from Pyzam.com to work, they have some cute ones too. I tried to get another one from there to work today but now couldn't. (just go to the sites, they have all of the info right there) I also just tried a site called Matie Kay's, she commented after you one one of my post and you can get to her site from there. Good luck!

Englishfam said...

HOw long is this process going to take for your parents? Lots of eating out I would bet! Just like Lindsey said, I am getting flashbacks of hanging out at your house. I haven't been inside for years! Well I guess that is true of my old house in Orem too, since now there is a Mexican family living there with a porcelain donkey sitting on the porch. Awesome.

Marianne said...

Wow! I didn't know your mom was redoing her house. I can't wait to see the final project. Bytheway, thanks for commenting on all my posts. You appear to be the only one looking at my blog...so thanks! I had so much fun the other night but am just barely recovering from the sleep....