Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Proof is in the Picture

Yesterday I filled in a card for my brother-in-law's birthday. When Ansen came home he read it and said that Chris was turning 26, not 25. We went back and forth about why the other was wrong for a bit. My reasoning was he's 18 months younger than me and his was that he was born in 1981 (I didn't stop to count up the years because I was right). I explained that Chris is always turning one year less than I am. Ansen finally laughed and asked, so how old do you think you are? I'm 26, so he's turning 25. To my horror, I suddenly realized that I'm 27! Seriously, when did that happen? We are obviously not doing enough to celebrate my birthday which will be corrected next year. I had just written this long thing in the card about how 26 feels so old compared to 25 so enjoy it and it turns out that I'm 27-I'm even worse off. Age has never bothered me, just the fact that I skipped a whole year and didn't realize it. So Happy late Birthday to me! I think I'll celebrate today.

I did find the picture of me and my dad's birthdays. Maybe that's why I forgot it . . . I went with fruit pizza instead of my traditional cheesecake.

5 comments:

Natalie Que said...

Happy Birthday Ash, have a great one!

Andrea said...

Ya, it's hard to believe we're 27. Seems just like yesterday I was only 17. Time flies.

Nicole said...

Nick and I were reading your blog together and he said, "How could she forget how old she is?" and then a minute later, he turned to me and said "Am I 32 or 33?" I have to stop and think each time someone asks me how old I am, yet I can tell you how many months/weeks old each one of my kids are. Mommybrain!

Englishfam said...

I love Nicole's comment. haha I am still 26 for real so I haven't passed over to the "27 forgetting your age" group. December is approaching way too quickly...

Englishfam said...

p.s. I am halfway through eclipse. Loving it!! I didn't like New Moon as much as Twilight because of Edward's absence for most of the book, but it was still very good.