Sunday, November 11, 2007

Girls Only Road Trip

As I mentioned in my last blog, my mom, Addison, Olivia and I went to Oregon last week for my cousin, Parker's wedding to Debra and we got to see my cousin, Brandon, who just got back from his mission in England. It's a 12-14 hour drive, which we prefer to do at night with or without kids. I know most people can't hack the nighttime driving, but we love it. Addison and Olivia were honestly only awake for about 2 hours and no one is on the roads. When I started my driving shift at 1 a.m. I was having a hard time, but then I started planning my whole Christmas (kids gifts, family gifts, neighborhood gifts, boss gifts, etc.) which kept me going wide awake until 5:30. I even planned the details of what the gift cards I am going to make will look like for Ansen's partners at work. The only problem was that I forgot a lot of my great ideas by the next day (which turned out okay because I had something to think about for the way home).

We had a lot of fun with my Sharp side of the family. The best part for me was the dancing at the wedding. At first I was feeling bad because my dance partner (Ansen) wasn't going to be there, but when it really came down it I think he would have held me back. Addison and Lilly started dancing at 7:30 and stopped for nothing until 10:30. Olivia and I got into it a little later. Olivia even bobbed around the whole dance floor dancing and weaving between people. We practice at home, but have never tested our duration abilities. I have dreams of working out, but am lacking motivation right now. If there was a gym that offered nothing but a dance floor, good music and my family I'm confident I would be a size 0. Anyway, I was proud of both of my maniac dancing girls!


We stayed at my Uncle Brett and Aunt Barb's house with Bracken, Brendan, Abby, and Burton (the latter two being dogs and our constant entertainment). We plan on eventually getting a dog, but I'm feeling more motivated since a dog would be my babysitter. Both my girls spent every waking minute with Abby and Burton. I'm actually thinking two dogs, but that would probably be the death of Ansen or at least our marriage.



The girls and Grandma Sharp

5 comments:

Kendall Watkins said...

That looks like so much fun. I wish we could have been there. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Nicole said...

Night driving does seem like the best way to go, but I HATE driving at night. My eyes get all fuzzy.

Ashby said...

I'm impressed you can drive at night! As soon as the sun goes down I'm ready to be done driving.

And I had to laugh at the comment on the dogs. Ryan is not an animal lover, unless it is a fish or a turtle. A dog would most definitely be the end of our marriage. Those two must be related!

Englishfam said...

I had dogs growing up and thought I would definitely get one when I was married. I have now decided that there is no way that I want one! I have two boys, who needs a dog?!

Natalie Que said...

I'd join that club too! That is pretty much all that is keeping me in shape these days anyway (and schlepping kids around).

I love your descriptions, hiliarious!