Towards the end I got going really fast (you can't even image how fast I'm sure) and couldn't stop so I thought I could step up onto the carpeted area to slow myself down. I definitely slowed down when I fell on my face and dislocated my shoulder. It was one of those times that you try to stand up and laugh it off and then later realize how much pain you're really in. Kendall sadly fell within the first few minutes with the same laugh it off experience and was out for the rest of the fun. We even had to stop and get her a doughnut on the way home to sit on.
We only lasted about 1 1/2 hours and despite the injures, it was still the best $20 I've spent in a long time.

**Side note for future: You can click on these picture collages to enlarge them. ***
And I know we look like complete red necks, but we're really not. This was Ansen and Ryan's pick- gun shooting. My mom actually used one of these for our Christmas cards!
11 comments:
Hilarious, I love you "laughing it off", TOTALLY BEEN THERE! I thought you had to stop and get your sis-in-law a real donut to make her feel better as I first read it. I was laughing so hard, wow, what a girl, she needs to eat a donut because she fell down... too funny.
How cute is your Mom! She looks great!
I love the guns pics, somehow I missed that last Christmas. That sounds like a great idea to have everyone choose something. I am jotting that one down...
That looks like so much fun! I haven't been roller skating in forever, probably before kids! I'm sure I would probably fall and hurt myself too!
Way cute post, so funny! Way to capture fun experiences and memories!
We went roller skating at the equivelent to Classic Skating in Visalia 2 years ago over Thanksgiving. I was never good at skating, and I am even worse as an adult. I used to beg Natalie to hold my hand and help me, I don't know what help she could be to me since she is half my size, anyways, she would get me going really fast and then let go and I would hit the wall, or the floor. Nick is a really good roller skater and he does the same thing to me. It really hurts to fall!
Hey, I think I have finally figured out how to make a comment (I was not born in the computer age and these things take time for me). We had alot of fun last year didn't we!
How Fun Ash! I seriously don't think I have been to classic since junior high. That looks like such a fun thing to do with the fam!
I am laughing so hard at the budweiser carton in the family pictures!! haha Classic skating...memories!! I really havent' been there forever. It's time to make and appearance I think.
What totally fun things to do as a family! I LOVE TO ROLLER SKATE! I think I would beat even Ryan....seriously. I want to take my boys but don't know if they're old enough.
It was fun to get together today. Nothing like a great Mary Kay facial. That was so relaxing...just kicking back and wiping my face myself with a wet wipe! AHHHHH....nothing compares.
Hey, Marie Jones here, I just found your blog through Lindsey Stinson, and laughed my butt off!! My husband (Bill) is going to flip to look at pictures of you guys, He was so bummed he missed Ansen visiting the last time. Gotta go, will check in with you later to read it all!
Ok, is it just me, or is Ansen's gun pointing at your Dad's head? Hmmmm, tension? Just Kidding, how can you top that this Thanksgiving?!?!?
Post a Comment