Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Fun!


I finished all my shopping by Nov. 30 so that I could have Christmas fun, but we haven't done as much as I anticipated and some of it has really been a flop. . .

1- (fun) We went to Ansen's work party. For Christmas, it's always adults only and an over nighter. We went to the Canyons Resort this year. It was dinner, games and white elephant gift. Then the next morning we had breakfast and you could go skiing or get a massage. We ended up with the massage since Ansen hurt his foot on Thanksgiving. We were way bummed about that, but the massage was awesome and then we went shopping. A whole 24 hours with no kids and adult conversation. It was awesome!

2- (bad, really bad) We went to Temple Square the night it was pouring rain. We met my cousin there and it so happened that there was first, an accident and then, events at the Tabernacle, Conference Center and the Assembly Hall. The traffic was horrible and it took us 2 hours to get there and get parked. My cousin had already been there for an hour and was freezing so we had cookies and hot chocolate and then they left. We walked around for about 25 minutes and then were too cold to hack any more so we headed for the car. By then it was snowing pretty bad so it took us forever to get home. It was also called to my attention that in our haste to get out the door we completely forgot dinner, so Wendy's drive through was it. It was definitely memorable . . .

3-(never happened) We had plans to go to the Festival of Trees, but I got the horrible flu for 3 days and that was the end of that idea.

3 comments:

Englishfam said...

Nothing drives me more crazy than traffic. I have some serious road rage issues! I also hate the parking lot at the mall during Christmas. You drive around for 20 minutes circling the parking lot and finally spot a space that someone right in front of you pulls into! Anyway, Ansen's work party sounds like fun. I am impressed they do an overnighter! Massages are the best, I need one right now!

Amy C said...

I think sending cards to your favorite houses is a great idea! I love driving around to look at Christmas lights, and the kids do too! Where does Ansen work? I think everyone needs a job like his, if they do Christmas parties like that!!

Marie said...

I couldn't even think about having my shopping done by the 30th, WOW!

Love the card idea, maybe we should do that.....