Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our New Tradition!


We decided to start a new tradition this year. Every year we drive around looking at our favorite lights and we keep noticing there are fewer and fewer people putting forth the Christmas effort. So, we decided every year we're going to find our 3 favorite houses and send them a Thank You for sharing their Christmas Spirit. We're hoping it will be one of those traditions where our kids grow up doing it every year so it seems normal and then 20 years later they realize it's actually really weird. (Ansen and I will still be laughing.) Anyway, we found our 3 favorite and the cards go out tomorrow.

One of our winners . . . our neighbors! They have set up a light display or "show" more appropriately. You tune to a certain radio station and the lights go with the music. They honestly spent 4 Saturdays putting it up and my other neighbor said they were out measuring things for the production clear back in August. My parents spend a good 10 minutes out there every time they come over. At any given moment between 6 and 10 p.m., there are 8-10 cars outside their house running with their lights off just watching. It's great! This is just further proof to Ansen that we bought the right house.
Oh and in case you're wondering . . . I've been to the gym 4 times (it was already closed twice, but I'm still counting it due to effort and I now clearly know the hours of operation).

7 comments:

Englishfam said...

You guys are so funny! Was it you or Ansen's idea to do this? I think it is a great tradition that I'm sure your girls will pass on and their kids will think they are normal too! I also just signed up for google reader after talking to you. It is great!! Love it.

Nicole said...

I think it is really nice, not weird at all. Nick spent 5 hours on Saturday helping one of his home teaching families put up lights. They have the same thing with the radio station. The guy has been working on it for weeks and it still isn't done.

Nicole said...

I just looked at your post again. What are you doing up at 2:42 in the morning and posting no less, you crazy girl!

Ashleigh said...

It was a late night/eary morning. That's just how dedicated to my blog I am . . . Actually I was working and then threw in some blogging at the end. See, I told you I love the nights and hate the mornings.

Rusti said...

What a cute tradition! That's such a sweet thing to do and I'm sure it will be really appreciated.

BTW- This is Rusti, Amanda's friend. We're just at her house browsing through blogs. So, hello! :)

Ashleigh said...

test again.

adamsfamilynews said...

Hey this is Amy Adams(Mendenhall) and it was really weird how I came across your blog but it is fun to see what is happening in your life. My blog is www.jeremiahandamyadams.blogspot.com