Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cancelled Church . . 2 hours too late!

As I've mentioned before we have 8:30 church which requires lots of Saturday night preparation including curfew for Ansen and I. Anyway, we woke up to a lot of snow this morning. Since we still haven't cleaned the basement stuff out of the garage we park outside. Ansen spent a good chunk of time making walk ways to the car and cleaning off the car while I feverishly got the kids ready by myself so we could be on time (new year's resolution). We made it within seconds of sacrament starting. Two hours into church they cancel it and send us home due to the continued snow. Our whole stake was cancelled. I can't imagine whose fantastic idea that was on Super Bowl Sunday, especially considering it quit snowing by noon. I'm assuming that someone in the Stake Presidency has 2:30-5:30 church this year. Some of the primary kids were crying that we had to go home, but I didn't see one parent come to pick their kids up without a huge smile on their face. We spent the rest of our church time playing in the snow and shoveling. That was only part 1 of the 2 part snow storm we're getting. Can't wait for Monday morning.



As we came in from shoveling we noticed a herd of elk in the field across the street from our house. Addison and Olivia spent the rest of the afternoon watching them and giving us frequent location and activity reports.

4 comments:

Amy C said...

I can't believe that they cancelled church! That doesn't seem to ever happen anymore! The snow looks like a lot of fun though!
About the binkie, there no going back now, I've thrown all of them away! He'll be fine though, but I agree, it's harder with the 2nd or 3rd kid. The 1st was the easiest!

Quast Family said...

Hey, great to hear back. we are still in salt lake. kody currently works for the state. 18 months now. i will update later on that. Abi is 5 1/2 and kennedy just turned 1. we love it here. i am doing online courses through usu, and kody starts the masters program this fall. fun!! anyway, good hearing from ya....

Amanda said...

I thought about you guys Sunday morning, as I read in your e mail about the long day and then the baths, etc. Our ward was cancelled early that morning.. our whole Stake was cancelled! How funny that you made the effort to go.. oh well!

Mel said...

No fair, Church wasn't cancelled for us!! Yeah how convenient on Super Bowl Sunday :) Glad for you though! The snow is driving me crazy. I am ready for WARMTH!!