Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"Hard Work" Pays Off

One of Ansen's accomplishments for 2007 was that he became a Delta Gold Medallion member. It took some work on his part and then some sweet talk with American Express to get all of his miles, but he did it and boy has it paid off . . .

First, when the office manager booked their flights for Omaha last month she couldn't even see the flight options Ansen could with his Gold Medallion login . . . . oooooh, now that was big as you can imagine.

And Second, Ansen got bumped to first class to LA 2 weeks ago and ended up sitting by John Salley previously of the Pistons, the Lakers, and the Bulls, who now hosts The Best Damn Sports Show on Fox Sports. Ansen talked to him the whole flight and said he was one of the nicest guys he's met. (Okay, so that one really was cool!)

All of this in his first month of Gold status. I think that at this point, I'm going to go ahead and recommend you do whatever it takes to have a Gold Medallion member living in your household.

7 comments:

Englishfam said...

You know how jealous I am of the Gold Medallion status if he got to meet John Salley! A former teammate of Michael Jordan?! I would have been eating that up. I am going to have to discuss with Ansen the conversation...

Holly said...

That's pretty cool. I'm sure Jason would have like to have been there. How fun!

Quast Family said...

yea, if i am jealous, you know kody is!! how awesome!!

Mel said...

Carl is a Gold member. He is so spoiled!! He loves first Class and has been in there with apostles. I'll have to let him know he missed John Salley. How funny!!

Mel said...

Sorry Carl is Platinum, I guess that is the highest you can get and the difference is they automatically upgrade you to first class 3 days before your flight if there is room. Gold I guess you find out at the airport. Didn't know it was so complicated!

Anonymous said...

I have always dreamed about getting bumped to first class, I will just live vicariously through Ansen from here on out!

jryanwatkins said...

I can only imagine how much that made Ansen's day.