While Ansen's away the girls will play! Addison, Olivia and I headed up to Logan last Wednesday, up to the cold abyss. The drive is never as bad as I anticipate, although the perfectly planned drive where Olivia and Addison take their naps on the way up never happened. Before we left, Addison asked if we were planning on taking the "stinker" (Olivia) this time? We did and it was fine.
First, I met with a client (one of my favorite clients I might add) Katie who was home sick with the flu. Lisa came home and we headed out shopping-Logan has the best DownEast Outfitters reject store. We ate dinner at my favorite Logan venue-Firehouse Pizza which served as my 3 month reminder of why I never take Olivia out to eat. We posted fliers for taxes around campus, visited the pastry shop that was fortunately not there when I was and even managed to fit in two blow outs from Olivia before leaving. As we left I tried my backing up skills, which are usually pretty reliable, down the drive way. I was distracted when I noticed that I missed a short pole by centimeters and drove us onto a mound of snow. It took sick Katie driving, Lisa and I pushing, and the kids crying to get me out. After I got back into the car, I commented to Addison that that was funny. "No Mom, that was not funny at all" was her reply. Thanks for the fun Lisa!



7 comments:
I love going to Logan. It reminds me of going there to visit Heather when she was in college. I think I had 2 boys. I also went to USU, so I just absolutely love it up there!!
Ha ha, I loved the post. I was so out of it I kind of forgot about the whole car backing up situation. That was hilarious! Please come up again soon, I promise I will be feelign better by then. I mean, I am sure Pepperidge Farm is calling your name...
as a loving brother i'm going to constructively criticize your post... an abiss doesn't exist. however, an abyss (which is a seemingly bottomless chasm, or a "region of hell" ) would work quite nicely. and feel free to delete the comment after correction. love- the junior in high school. "rise above them all"
thanks . . . a masters in accounting, not grammer and spelling (though I probably should of picked that up somewhere along the way). i know numbers says the one who signs your paychecks. i appreciated the help from my brother/employee though.
How fun! Thank goodness for your mom watching them while we went dress shopping! Hehe! I think we might've been there all day having addison critique me in my trying on the dresses
Sounds like quite an adventure, and a reminder of why I don't miss the snow. I hate driving in it!
That was a funny story, and what is even more funny is how mater-of-fact children are! I loved Addison's answer.
And BTW, your girls are so adorable!
Post a Comment