Thursday, May 1, 2008

Monkeys, Tigers and Snakes . . .Oh my!


Welcome to the Jungle!



I did my first friends birthday party for Addison this year. We did a Jungle theme and I tried to turn the basement (with great stretch to the imagination) into a jungle safari. We had a river with rocks to jump on before the crocs got your toes, monkeys hanging all over, a snake pit, hanging vines and a tigers lair. The kids got safari hats, pills and a shot so they wouldn't get sick. I did such a great job hyping up the jungle Mason was too scared to even go on the safari. Some games, a craft (that my mom, me and Ansen really enjoyed doing for 11 kids as it turned out) and a snake cake. I think we're good for another 5 years . . . .








7 comments:

Nicole said...

That sounds like a really fun party, and the invitations were really cute. Birthday parties are so much work! Good job.

Natalie Que said...

Wow Ash, I'm impressed. Your caked looks awesome, please tell me it was the sugar cookie cake recipe.

That's an awesome theme, I wouldn't have even thought of it. That is so much work, I can't believe it. Everyone here is so rich, they are all doing huge fancy parties for their 3 year olds. I am nervous and worried that we are going to have to have some carnival with rides and a clown or something to compete! Isn't it stupid?

Kate said...

This is so cute Ash! I am SO impressed, you are so creative! I would have loved that party..minus the snake cake. I hate snakes!

Amy C said...

It looks like you guys had a really fun party! Isn't it so fun to have a theme and come up with the activities! :)

Mel said...

CUTE!! I feel like a loser mom after seeing your decor!

Ashby said...

That party is adorable! What a fun idea!

Marianne said...

Thanks so much for the fun party! The boys had a blast.