Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Wish . . .

I found lame things more fun!
Here's the story . . . tonight my friend Brenda wanted us to go to the Lehi City Horse Parade (if you have a horse, you can be in a parade). It was an experiment because we didn't know how lame/exciting it would turn out to be. So she went early and saved a spot and when we were half way there we realized we forgot our chairs and turned around. After that we'd missed the parade where Brenda was but she went on and on about how cute it was and that it was definitely a must-do annual event and so on. So, we hurried to the end of the parade route so we could still see it. We were honestly running.

Turns out it was Laame! The best part was when the horses would poop and all the kids would go crazy. Of course the girls loved it so it was worth it in the end.

This is why I LOVE Brenda! Brenda finds so much enjoyment out of the smallest things! She really loves life and all its little moments.
So, I was thinking how much more great would life be if I found lame things more fun . . .

(And just because a picture is always more fun. This is one of my favorites of Addison when she was just little older than Ollie.)

Notes for Today: Girls played in pool for the 3rd day this week for 2 hours. $25 . . . well spent! Addison calls it her big 20 inch pool (no concept of measurement).

Addison and I finished Harry Potter 2: The Chamber of Secrets and started 3 tonight. She loves these books!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I love parades. Maybe it is just because I grew up going to them, and they have 1 a year here, and it isn't even on the 4th of July. What the heck? We have the Western Festival parade which is pretty cool, I guess.

That picture of Addison is so cute. Love the nasty face she is giving you.

Englishfam said...

Ash, thanks for the nice comments on my blog. You are definitely my kind of funny too!! I am trying not to get too excited about the in-n-out coming here because I have heard it too many times and gotten my hopes up. I would love it though! As for the horse parade, how could anyone find this fun? I am actually going to the rodeo tonight though, I think they are a blast and other people think they are stupid so, whatever. To each his own I guess! How old is Addison, 5? And she likes Harry Potter already? She seems really mature for her age. Do you like the books? I love Harry Potter. I am a nerd and am totally okay with admitting it!

Jessica said...

Reasons why I suck as a friend.

#1. Because I couldn't do lunch when you called a couple of months ago.
#2. I didn't call you back and let you know that I couldn't do lunch.
#3. You moved almost two years ago and we still haven't done lunch.
#4. I check your blog out all the time and I never post.

Sorry, I suck. I will try and be better. One of my friends tagged me. I am tagging you. See my blog for more info.

Kate said...

That picture of Addie is so cute...I remember when I was her nanny she kind of looked like that. I love putting that on my resume. Now tell me this, did she like the parade as much as the Logan Homecoming parade....its pretty tough to beat!

riley said...

That pic of Ad is classic. And BTW, I think you do find lame things pretty fun. -You always seem to enjoy our time together -case in point, and we've done some pretty "lame" stuff.