Monday, August 25, 2008

The Battle I choose . . . for now


Apparently no one at Huggies ever had children because otherwise they would have just stuck to Mickey and Minnie for the front of the diaper and not made diapers with "character choices". Olivia has decided that the Mickey and Pluto diaper is unacceptable so given that 1/2 the diapers in the box are Mickey and Pluto we've run into some "difficulties" as of late. If by some small miracle I am able to wrestle (yes, physically wrestle) a Pluto diaper on while she's screaming "NO PLUTO MOMMY, NO PLUTO" it's only a matter of time until she finds me naked with a Minnie diaper in hand. I am fighting the urge to beg another mother to trade me all my Pluto diapers for her Minnie diapers (since I unfortunately have boxes of pre-bought sale diapers), but I am trying to hold strong . . . she will not win this one!

11 comments:

Jill said...

love it!! luckily I never had that problem!

Love that you took the girls to breakfast! What a fun mom you are!

Amanda said...

Wow! What do I have to look forward to? Okay- so the only thought I have is - "Don't Lose!" and/or it's time for Undies! Is potty training on the horizon?!! Good luck!

Natalie Que said...

Ha! Good luck!

Mel said...

I will trade you - what size?

Huber said...

You've gotta love that second strong willed child. You will learn to pick your battles and find that some are not worth fighting. Keith hasn't learned that yet and continues to insist that "he's the parent" and therefore he is right. We've made it to age 17 with our special second one and the battles still continue but I wouldn't have her any other way. Some THINGS just don't matter as much as the KID.

Jamie said...

These little girls definitely have a mind of their own! But look how cute she is!

Jessica said...

Oh she reminds me of Spencer. We use Pampers Cruisers and they use Sesame Street Characters. For a while Spencer only wanted Elmo, but not the ones that have Elmo on the rear, just the ones that have him on the front. That is about a fifth of the diapers. It only lasted a couple of days and I hope the same for you! Why can't they make them like pull-ups. There are boxes of boy designs and boxes of girl designs.

Leslie said...

Just found your blog -- you are too funny!! Maybe we can get to know each other better this way since living 1 street apart in the same ward hasn't been enough reason yet! ;)

Amy C said...

Kids are so funny sometimes! When they set their mind to something, you can't change it! Good Luck getting her to like pluto, or finding someone to trade diapers with!

Marie said...

Stickers maybe? Or would that up the price of the diapers to much? You could maybe draw on them? A bow in Mickey's Hair in pink marker? Don't go washable... too dangerous!

Jolley's said...

That is HILARIOUS!! Don't you love the silly things that kids get attatched to. She's so funny.