Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good Enough . . .

The plan was to go camping this year, real camping (Ansen's idea of camping is a night at the Marriott). School starts in a week, never made it to the real outdoors so we're in the backyard with our "temple" as Olivia calls it, a TV and movie. Good Enough.


Here's the kids sitting outside of tent while Dad picks up the first mishap of the night. He unwittingly left the bowl of popcorn on the air mattress just long enough for Olivia to start jumping on the air mattress. Ansen loved that - he doesn't seem to have my theory that a picture is necessary to commemorate the disaster and then we can laugh.


8 comments:

Marie said...

OK Hon, you sound like you need a Girl's Night Out!! I'd come, if you buy the ticket, but more likely you need to grab some friends and see a movie and eat ice cream! I suggest Mamma Mia, haven't made it to see it, but I hear it's good!

Englishfam said...

Hey atleast you somewhat attempted to camp this year! I think camping in the backyard would be fun. I love the matching pjs!

Mel said...

Atleast you did it! Carl finally slept out on the tramp with the kids before school started and they all came in with Mosquito bites. I am glad I slept in my nice warm bed. Way to go. As far as the garden, I am in the same boat but only got 2 peppers 1 cucumber and lots of green tomatoes so far. So we'll see. I was thinking the same thing, maybe next year!

Tracy said...

What a fun idea. We haven't been camping for years. I think we'll have to copy the backyard idea- complete with popcorn :) Your blog is great! Thanks for sharing :)

Jessica said...

Dave and Ansen sound like they would get along well, at least where camping is concerned! Aside from the popcorn, I hope the evening in the "temple" was fun?

Jill said...

The Mariott is where I like to camp as well.

Jolley's said...

Yeah for you! I made the mistake of inviting Scott to bring the kids up to girls camp the last night (mainly to help appease his need to camp) and I think that one night did us both in for the next few years. It's no fun camping when you're the mom. I'm a big fan of just pitchin it in the backyard. Less cleanup, indoor plumbing, nice warm bed (for me that is):)

Kate said...

That's hilarious, and it looks like you guys had fun in the temple :)