So we're true blue and white around here. No, not USU, and definitely not BYU. It's the blue and white of a true Yankee fan. And it's been a rough year.

Sunday (September 21st) was a big day at the Hatch home (and many, many homes across the nation). Most of you probably don't even know what happened, but the last game ever was played at Yankee Stadium, the house the Ruth Built. We watched TV for a straight 7 hours and recorded it so that if we're ever in a
reminiscent mood we can watch it again.
Ansen wore one of his Yankee jerseys and was even misty eyed at some points.

Ansen and his Dad

To add to the heart break, the Yankees didn't even make the playoffs this year. Yes, we are really suffering around here.
4 comments:
I can't say that I am a fan, mostly because I just don't like baseball, but I think it is sad that that was the last time in that stadium. Why are we always in such a hurry to move on to the biggest and best thing in our society?
I love that Ansen is so committed to his loves. I feel sad for him...this shows how lame I am, but where will the Yankees be playing now?
Oh, and if he still wants to wear blue and white he could always follow Cougar sports...you live practically down the street!! J/K!!
That is truly sad!! If the Cubs ever stopped playing at Wrigley Field, I'd have to actually GO TO CHICAGO for the last game! :-) But don't hold it against me that I'm a Cubbie fan... hehehe
NICE. That stadium looks incredible- good times
Post a Comment