Netflix - The mailman thinks I do nothing but watch movies all day, but the truth is I only watch when I'm working so I guess I do go through a lot of movies (and TV shows and I just recently got big into documentaries). Granted I usually only hear about 1/2 the movie, but I still get the jest. What I love the most is just walking out to the mailbox and bam . . . 2 more entertaining hours of work.
My backyard - I used to say the best thing about living in the condo was lying in bed at 7:00 am and listening to the lawnmowers going, then rolling over and going back to sleep. I still kind of get that experience since Ansen does the lawn mowing (I just had to royally screw up on the edging once and I got out of that job forever), but we still have the weeds, the flowers, the fertilizing, the weeds, the garden, and did I mention the weeds? But I LOVE that my kids have a place of their own to play.
French braids - They keep Olivia's hair out of her face, they look done and cute and then we get cute kinky hair the next day too.
Sunscreen - How would I have survived before sunscreen? No seriously, I get some pretty good burns on my left arm through the car window and it just takes me (and Olivia) minutes to fry. I really put some effort into my thoughts on sunscreen today and how horrible would my life be without sunscreen. First, I'd be dead from skin cancer by now, but before that would have been a pretty uncomfortable life. Especially since if we're talking before sunscreen, we're also talking pioneers and working in the fields.
The Bounce House - BIG kudos to Jackie on the purchase of that Christmas present to us! That has provided hours of play. It's only 10 minutes to exciting, new, exhausting fun. Kids seems bored . . . pull out the bounce house, plargroup . . . pull out the boucehouse, want the kids to use up some energy . . . pull out the bouncehouse, throwing a little party . . . pull out the boucehouse. We love it!
1 comment:
Finally catching up on your blog and it looks like you guys have been up to much fun already this summer! I'm thankful you have sunscreen too, I'd hate to have lost you already :).
Post a Comment