Monday, February 14, 2011

A Run for our Money . . .

 . . . that is, Drew.  Drew, is going to give us a run for our money. 

It may just be this boy is going to give us a run for our money because we are experiencing "boy" for the first time around here. 
Whatever the case, he's a turkey! 


By some absolute miracle we figured out that Drew stuffed several DVDs through the vents below the fireplace.  I would have wondered where those DVD's wandered off to for the rest of my life. 

I'm not sure if it's a dramatic act of desperation, but it seems pretty legitimate. 
Drew will throw himself face down on the  ground and then commence banging his forehead over and over.  Grocery store, post office, garage floor . .  where ever.  If he's feeling a little less dramatic, then he just walks over to the wall and starts banging his head on the wall.  I think it hurts, because he seems to do it pretty hard and then he always cries harder too, but hey, I figure it's completely his choice. 

And the topper for this week . . . 
just your average, run of the mill, mother's bad day at the grocery store.
I thought he had finally found something to keep himself pleasant in the little car on the front of the grocery cart.  I was so relieved for a moment of mercy in the final minutes of a  horrible shopping trip so that I could unload the grocery cart, fiddle with my coupons and price matching, and pay for everything.

Turns out that something was two full packages of Rolos that were sitting right at eye level.  I could barely find any trace evidence of even the wrappers by the time he was done. 

However, his mouth was so full he could barely chew, chocolate oozed out of the corners of his mouth and down his chin and his shirt was covered with chocolate. (I only noticed the chocolate as I was scrambling to grab all the Mt. Dew cans - Ansen's surprise treat - that were rolling all over the floor after Olivia "helped me" get them back in the cart).   

And Olivia was able to verify it was indeed 2, since she had watched him for most of it. 

1 comment:

Englishfam said...

This is the best post I have read in a long time! It made me laugh out loud. Yes, the head banging is a boy thing I think. Carter did that too. I NEVER go to the grocery store with my kids anymore unless I am in dire straits. That scenario has happened WAY too many times to me. Glad to know I'm not the only one!