Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's 2011

So I completely failed with flying colors on my motherly duties for Valentine's this year.  

Ansen brought me roses on Thursday even though Valentine's Day wasn't until Monday . . . but that's how I know my husband really loves me.  He buys me roses before the v-day price hike.


Ansen and I worked like crazy people last week . . . literally Ansen worked 15 hour days and I played neurotic, single mom with my "part time" job that just picked up big time for tax season.  We had talked for about 12 minutes by the end of last week and exchanged a few texts . . . when Ansen was available to respond. 

So, Friday night we went out.  We used our GC to Cheesecake Factory, went shopping while we waited for a table and went to sleep EARLY.  We actually got to be together and actually talk!

Ansen pulled the pink, heart pancakes, pink milk and purple syrup together for breakfast on Sunday morning (since he had to leave early Monday morning).

And my mom made up for everything I lacked with a fun Valentine's candle light dinner complete with sparkling apple cider and little packaged candy valentines.


The girls enjoyed their school parties and Drew enjoyed their candy. 
(I really, really hate the the dip stick candy with all the colored sugar.  Hate them.)


Then late Monday night I pulled out sunglasses and a caterpillar out of their shopping bags and just handed them to the kids. 
(I had imagined my special v-day wrapping paper, ribbons, love notes, and candy - but it didn't turn out).


We had to forgo sugar cookies (ahhh, my favorite part) and heart attacks this year! 
I guess it wasn't the worst ever, and I'm pretty sure my family knows
I LOVE THEM!

No comments: