Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lagoon - Round 2

I haven't been to Lagoon in several years (the last time was here), but I have been twice this summer . . . so far (I still have bounce back passes).  First, was for Ansen's company party and then another opportunity presented itself . . .

Lisa was having her company party there too.  Matt couldn't go with her and so there was this extra ticket just dangling there . . . too tempting to just let it go.  It was a few days before her wedding so really none of us had time for a Lagoon trip . . . but again too tempting.  Lisa figured out a way to score 2 additional free tickets and there was just nothing we could do at that point besides go!

So, off we headed to Lagoon . . . just Lisa, Jeff, Mom and me.

As we were getting ready to leave I kept feeling like I was missing something until I realized that I could go totally hands free . . . no purse, no diapers, no stroller, no extra snacks and no water bottles . . . it was just me!  I also decided inadvertently to just leave my cell phone home so I really was totally hands free!

We had such a riot that we decided the outing was worth preserving with one of the family frames.

Lagoon 2011

"we're still in 7-11 territory" - Mom
the $750 cut off
truck stop short cuts
in a hurry at the cake store
"Ashleigh wants a drink" - Mom
Lisa's showing us how it's done in the KFC parking lot
"Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday thru Saturday" - Jeff
Young love
Lisa forgetting to introduce that other guy  hanging around us . . . Jeff
just "itching" to go home
leading Lisa into the 3 point turn in the Asian Massage parking lot
The Flying Aces . . . deadly
Blake's performance at "The Show" and True Colors

the friendly BABE that directed us to the bathrooms
Mom's purse - her kleenex and her gum
Ashleigh's season passholder friend (and her Mom)
Maverick Ice Cream cones


The truth is that as much fun as we had, the Flying Aces ruined the night!  We decided to hit those early in the evening and we all got sick.  So sick that the 4 of us were the last ones off the ride and the attendant even had to steady the plane before my mom and I could get off.  That's when mom talked us into a "show" which never in my life have I been to.  I'm not sure how I missed out on this all my life because it was so entertaining that none of us could take our eyes off of it (what with all the costume changes, the choreography, the sexiness of ALL the dancers) except to look at each other in disbelief.   My mom was only interested in the first place because they put Michael Jackson in the description and I really don't think there was ever a Michael Jackson song . . .

After the show, we felt relatively better and we just kept on going.  None of us have probably ever been that sick from rides in our lives (except at the CA State fair when I was 11) and so it was kind of an off  night, but we were definitely able to salvage some fun!

No comments: